Monday, April 23, 2012

Fashion Symposium 2012

The great things that come along with being a fashion student.


 My friend Daisy & I


Doesn't matter what school or city your in being a fashion student is no joke. From all the hard work comes lovely rewards, from a nice grade to a runway show. This past weekend I attended this years Fashion Symposium, and if you didn't know, this an all fashion student work event, from community colleges in all of southern california. It's a great pleasure to have your hard work displayed from production boards, to garments in the different runway shows. There's also tons of amazing give aways, and a few contest. Oh & a free lunch to make it even better! I found myself deeply inspired by the work, simply because I know I am almost there. I am that much closer to being capable of creating my artwork at this level. To me this show is  so unique because almost each piece is from a different designer and each designer is a student. I appreciate the time put into each garment that all from one mind, from the creativity to the labor. The vision, concept, design & sewing  is all one independent person, I admire that so much. It's one of the greatest things in the world to study what you love.
Xoxo   

No comments:

Post a Comment